AMD RED BIOS EDITOR und MorePowerTool - BIOS-Einträge anpassen, optimieren und noch stabiler übertakten | Navi unlimited

Moin,

kann man den Wert (t)REF bei Polaris-Karten im BIOS permanent ändern? Soweit ich das verstehe, ist der nicht Bestandteil der Timingstraps. Ich ändere ihn im Moment über den AMD Memory Tweaker, aber die Einstellung verschwinden nach jedem Neustart und dem Ruhezustand.

Gruß, Hauke
tREF ist Bestandteil des Timingstraps. Es gibt auch keine andere Datenstruktur im BIOS die zusätzlich irgendwelche Timings für das VRAM beinhaltet.

Falls du eine Navi10 Karte besitzt ist es möglich tREF permanent zu ändern, da kann dir unser RBE (Red BIOS Editor) helfen. Bei jüngeren GPUs ist es nicht mehr möglich das BIOS zu modifizieren. Bei den Vegas gibt es auch keine Chance, bis einschließlich Polaris funzt es noch.

Ich hab eine RX590. Dann sollte es ja gehen.

Edit: ok, ne, ich stehe auf dem Schlauch. Ich habe den Timing Strap mit R_Timings decodiert, welcher Wert ist denn tREF?

####SEQ_WR_CTL_D1####
DAT_DLY = 9
DQS_DLY = 9
DQS_XTR = 0
DAT_2Y_DLY = 0
ADR_2Y_DLY = 0
CMD_2Y_DLY = 0
OEN_DLY = 9
OEN_EXT = 0
OEN_SEL = 0
ODT_DLY = 0
ODT_EXT = 0
ADR_DLY = 0
CMD_DLY = 0
####SEQ_WR_CTL_2####
DAT_DLY_H_D0 = 0
DQS_DLY_H_D0 = 0
OEN_DLY_H_D0 = 0
DAT_DLY_H_D1 = 0
DQS_DLY_H_D1 = 0
OEN_DLY_H_D1 = 0
WCDR_EN = 0
####SEQ_PMG_TIMING####
TCKSRE = 2
TCKSRX = 2
TCKE_PULSE = 5
TCKE = 21
SEQ_IDLE = 7
TCKE_PULSE_MSB = 1
SEQ_IDLE_SS = 0
####SEQ_RAS_TIMING####
TRCDW = 17
TRCDWA = 17
TRCDR = 24
TRCDRA = 24
TRRD = 6
TRC = 73
####SEQ_CAS_TIMING####
TNOPW = 0
TNOPR = 0
TR2W = 25
TCCDL = 7
TCCDS = 5
TW2R = 19
TCL = 19
####SEQ_MISC_TIMING####
TRP_WRA = 60
TRP_RDA = 27
TRP = 24
TRFC = 192
####SEQ_MISC_TIMING2####
PA2RDATA = 0
PA2WDATA = 0
TFAW = 10
TCRCRL = 2
TCRCWL = 4
T32AW = 7
TWDATATR = 0
####ARB_DRAM_TIMING####
ACTRD = 25
ACTWR = 18
RASMACTRD = 49
RASMACTWR = 56
####ARB_DRAM_TIMING2####
RAS2RAS = 192
RP = 45
WRPLUSRP = 61
BUS_TURN = 23
####MC_SEQ_MISC####
MC_SEQ_MISC1 = 0x2014077D
MC_SEQ_MISC3 = 0xA000894A
MC_SEQ_MISC8 = 0x24710000

Lt. Memory Tweaker ist er standardmäßig auf 5 gesetzt. Wenn ich ihn dort auf 5000 ändere und den Strap exportiere, gibt er mir genau den gleichen aus. Wenn ich diesen (gleichen) Strap dann ins Bios lade, ändert sich, wenig überraschend, nichts.

Wo versteckt sich tREF, dieser Lauch?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Im RBE habe ich das für RDNA1 mit drin, ist wohl eines der (offiziell) undokumentierten Abschnitte des Timing-Straps. Ich glaub mynm hat das damals auch so für Polaris übernommen... nein konnte er auch nicht, die Straps von Polaris sind wesentlich kleiner.

Hm, aber eine anderes RBRT-Mitglied hatte sich auf Polaris Timings spezialisiert, vielleicht kann dir generaleramon helfen:
Das R_Timings von Vento, ebenfalls RBRT, hast du ja schon gefunden. tRef ist von generaleramon zwar aufgeführt, aber nicht speziel behandelt, mit dem Zusatz "work in progress" markiert.

Ich kann dir nur die UberMix Timings von generaleramon empfehlen, die habe ich jahrelang genutzt. Weiter kann ich dir leider nicht helfen.

EDIT:
Temporary wiped due to recent findings,
Which change the story around a bit.

In hopes to prevent further misleading leads.
I'll keep you up to date once the project is finished

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
==================================
EDIT:

Sorry~

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
😴 ...snore..
@hellm to remake MPT GUI for solidified & updated layout.
YAWN! Somebody called my name? I better get one of those: :coffee:

So, what are you saying? I very much assumed that moving the PPTable from the old legacy part was certainly the plan all along. Structures where there since the Radeon VII aka Vega20.
I fiddled around with assembler, dll hijacking, came up with no real thing for now. But you are not talking hacking here, right? PM me for further input, i will find the time.

So, what are you saying? I very much assumed that moving the PPTable from the old legacy part was certainly the plan all along. Structures where there since the Radeon VII aka Vega20.
I fiddled around with assembler, dll hijacking, came up with no real thing for now. But you are not talking hacking here, right? PM me for further input, i will find the time.
Uhmmm,

Hmm i'm not understood at all.
No hacking required, nor would ever do.
==================================
EDIT:

Sorry~

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
No hacking required, nor would ever do.
It's software.
But it is not easy, not at all. And i am not talking about the hashes or the firmware, it is the SMU.
A matter of time, but its fine. I'll inject (curve remake) changes of my research team into new pp_table layout and demonstrate.
Same here, didn't understand what you mean. But i am here, lurking over some keyboard. Just like gupsterg and all the rest of RBRT. If you need anything, you know how to find us.

OK,
APCC-Throttler=ON makes no negativ Impact in TSE.
should also work in Games, if the UV/OC-Setting is a good choise, ... if you set not to much clockstretching with too high minClock
Dear OC Master. I purchased an XTX graphics card yesterday, and then I checked amdvbflash, which seems to indicate that VBiOS can be covered through software.
But I failed after trying.System prompts IFWI SSID mismatch.
My goal is to use ASRock AQUA VBIOS,Does this mean that I have to obtain VBiOS through hardware writing?
I hope you can answer my doubts. Thank you.
6cc7f407-d0e0-4ff2-a7ca-4e3d920131b5.png

Dear OC Master. I purchased an XTX graphics card yesterday, and then I checked amdvbflash, which seems to indicate that VBiOS can be covered through software.
But I failed after trying.System prompts IFWI SSID mismatch.
My goal is to use ASRock AQUA VBIOS,Does this mean that I have to obtain VBiOS through hardware writing?
I hope you can answer my doubts. Thank you.
What you are trying to do, cannot be done without a hardware programmer like the CH341A.

What you are trying to do, cannot be done without a hardware programmer like the CH341A.
Thank you for your answer. I just saw on another forum that someone successfully overwritten the VBiOS of the graphics card using the AMDVBFLASH5.0.6 version. So I want to give it a try, my programmer has already been purchased.

Thank you for your answer. I just saw on another forum that someone successfully overwritten the VBiOS of the graphics card using the AMDVBFLASH5.0.6 version. So I want to give it a try, my programmer has already been purchased.
This works with AMDVBFLASH only with the BIOS for the exact card you want to flash. So with the same IFIWI SSID.

@RedF
Hi! Can you remind me which feature (MPT), when disabled, eliminates the difference between the set and actual GFX frequency?

Perhaps such a feature doesn't even exist.
Maybe I just wrongly assumed (based on TimeSpy stats) that it's possible to reach GFX clock in 6800XT above 2750 (e.g. 2795 or higher) without the EVC mod. If that's not the case, then the question is settled.

Perhaps such a feature doesn't even exist.
Maybe I just wrongly assumed (based on TimeSpy stats) that it's possible to reach GFX clock in 6800XT above 2750 (e.g. 2795 or higher) without the EVC mod. If that's not the case, then the question is settled.
I only know Butanding1987 who has achieved this. You can find him on OCN.

I only know Butanding1987 who has achieved this. You can find him on OCN.
There are plenty results with the GFX clock in a 2750 - 2800+ range for the 6800xt.

I just wanna know what is the actual Fmax without EVC, 2750 or 2800?

This result's stats shows Fmax 2795 MHz. Did you get it with EVC modded 6800xt?

There's also @ApolloX result with reported Fmax 2800. Also curious, was it done with modded GPU?

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
open Powerlimit + TDV-tweak@1,35V should be enough, Sylwester had only 1275mV, but good cooling
and
disable ds gfxclk

no idea, what this means, may be 600W+@6800xt --> a good 800W-NT is required
with this the clock should be near the Maximum

Anhänge

• Sylwester.jpg
    Sylwester.jpg
    295,1 KB · Aufrufe : 9
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hmm, i think it was with EVC2. Cant renember.

Oben Unten