Question AMD Radeon Pro W5700 for mining ethereum

nivrij

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
I am contemplating about buying this card because someone is offering this to me for a cheaper price here where I live. From my understanding, this card is just the "professional" / "workstation" equivalent of RX 5700 XT.

1609973853980.png

Any thoughts on this card? Has anyone here actually used this for mining? Does anyone know what the hashrate is? Can an unlocked BIOS be flashed on this GPU?

EVERYONE: Read through the entire thread, all the information and BOIS downloads you need to be successful with the W5700 are in here. If you do that and still can't make it work, mining isn't for you. It's called a barrier to entry. This is more information than most of us should be sharing publicly, as more miners increase the difficulty for the entire network.

Good luck.

Hey folks, How do you learn if your W5700 has Micron or Samsung chips? I'm still waiting for card but AFAIK GPU-Z doesn't work for W5700 unlike it does for other cards.

EVERYONE: Read through the entire thread, all the information and BOIS downloads you need to be successful with the W5700 are in here. If you do that and still can't make it work, mining isn't for you. It's called a barrier to entry. This is more information than most of us should be sharing publicly, as more miners increase the difficulty for the entire network.

Good luck.
Which seller did you buy from? Can you leave a link?

My card has finally arrived. The default bios was v105, and GPU-Z shows Samsung memory unfortunately.

Default bios, 49.XX MH/s at 145W.
Mini_Me's tweaked bios, 55.XX MH/s at 92W.

I haven't touched anything regarding clock speeds or anything and don't think to do so. The results are right out of new bios. It's an amazing bios very efficient, cooler and silent. Core temp 50C, Tj Memory 80C at only 1750RPM fan speed.

Thank you @Mini_Me

IMG_20210303_213600 - Copy.jpg
w5700.PNG
w5700hwinfo.PNG[/ SPOILER]

My card has finally arrived. The default bios was v105, and GPU-Z shows Samsung memory unfortunately.

I haven't touched anything regarding clock speeds or anything and don't think to do so. The results are right out of new bios. It's an amazing bios very efficient, cooler and silent. Core temp 50C, Tj Memory 80C at only 1750RPM fan speed.

Thank you @Mini_Me

I am glad it was helpful and you are welcome.

Hi everbody, There are too many bios files on the this subject, which one would you suggest I use?
also, The size of the bios file I backup is 1024kb
512kb Is it a problem if I flash it?
Finally, how can I find out the ram - memory brand of my video card? only gddr6 :/

w5700.PNG

Thank you @Mini_Me

Hello, can you send the 105 version of VBIOS here? The news in the group is a bit confusing. Thank you

Hello, can you send the 105 version of VBIOS here? The news in the group is a bit confusing. Thank you
This is the original V105 bios came with the card. Currently there's no tweaked V105 bios by @Mini_Me. I could flashed Mini_Me's tweaked V102 and it works great. I added both bioses below, make it useful.

Anhänge

• orig bios.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 30
  • minime.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 95
Hi There, @Mini_Me
I got the AMD Radeon Pro VII 970 16GB Mini DP, 100-506163
I can get 80 mh/s with Hive but I can´t get more than 1k mem, hash stay always at 80 if I use 1000 mem ore 1300 make no different, is there a way to unlock @ bios?

1615074294835.png

Thank you!

Hi, @Mini_Me,
Sorry to bother you, it seems like I got few OEM version of w5700 card(P/N 113-D1880301-103 not 113-D1880201-102). When I trying to flash, it shows "BIOS authentication signature mismatched."
Also I was trying to flash it's own backup rom back into it, still fail.
Could you teach me how to unlock this rom?
Thank you.

The Dell w5700 bios file I upload: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/230616/230616

Anhänge

• Navi 10.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 7
  • error msg.JPG
    error msg.JPG
    17,8 KB · Aufrufe : 65
  • GPUZ.JPG
    GPUZ.JPG
    119,2 KB · Aufrufe : 70
  • error02.JPG
    error02.JPG
    112,2 KB · Aufrufe : 73