Frage AM5 7900X How to find the best watt/performance ratio?

Damian

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
Hello,
some people like to overclock and I want to optimize my PC as much as I can and I'm starting with my CPU.

Goal is to have the highest performance/watt

My Specs:
CPU: AMD 7900X
GPU: RTX 3060ti FE
RAM: 2x16GB 5600Mhz CL36
MoBo: MSI Pro B650-P Wifi

Stock:
5.7Ghz at 1.5v (PBO Auto)
5600Mhz CL36 1.25v

#First idea
Is it possible to run one CCD at high clocks for gaming but the other half at lower max clock using a curve?
I also don't understand why the system even touches the other cores instead putting them to a sleep state of some sort.

#update
So from what I've researched is that PBO is an algorithm that boosts as much as it can until it hits one of the 3 specified limits.
So if the CPU can run at 5.7Ghz and drawing less than 95w in games it will do that.
So PBO isn't a table but an algorithm to HIT the limit and stay there.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I try to start slowly:

#First Idea
No, because the Load must be spreaded to get the possibility to Boost higher if the Workload is needed.
The A.I. touch Cores which are cooled down.

Any more Core in the CPU allow higher Boost for the Overall CPU, if the HotSpots are cool.
If you fix Workload to one CCD or Core it runs into a hot spot, which will be prevented by the AMD (it make) Sense MI. :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello,
some people like to overclock and I want to optimize my PC as much as I can and I'm starting with my CPU.

Goal is to have the highest performance/watt

My Specs:
CPU: AMD 7900X
GPU: RTX 3060ti FE
RAM: 2x16GB 5600Mhz CL36
MoBo: MSI Pro B650-P Wifi

Stock:
5.7Ghz at 1.5v (PBO Auto)
5600Mhz CL36 1.25v

#First idea
Is it possible to run one CCD at high clocks for gaming but the other half at lower max clock using a curve?
I also don't understand why the system even touches the other cores instead putting them to a sleep state of some sort.

#update
So from what I've researched is that PBO is an algorithm that boosts as much as it can until it hits one of the 3 specified limits.
So if the CPU can run at 5.7Ghz and drawing less than 95w in games it will do that.
So PBO isn't a table but an algorithm to HIT the limit and stay there.
The more balanced your CCDs are, the better. If they are extremely different, one gets too hot and will throttle down, while the slow one will never be able to support sufficiently.
PBO for the previous generation is perfectly described online, e.g., by Darkearth's guide at PCGH. And I assume that it's quite the same process for the latest Ryzens.

And I assume that for even more efficiency you'll have to lower the powerlimit. For most performance/Watt maybe you'll limit at somewhere between 60-80 W.
We did the same für Radeon GPUs and compared 300W vs. 250W vs. 200W vs. 150W vs. 100W - and the most FPS per Watt was achieved at 100W.

Thats True, but better trust any one, than stay on one point.

LifeMeansMovement
#LMM

anybody ?

Oben Unten