Frage Undervolt Rx5700XT

pubartos

Mitglied
Bewertungspunkte
Hi!
I have some trouble in increasing the minimum voltage with MorePowerTools because the gpu crashes from time to time.
Tried to increase minimum voltage GFX and SoC to 850mv, flash resulting bios but without effect, it still shows me 830mv.
I am sure the workflow is correct because I can modify e.g. memory DPM3.

What is the right way to increase the minimum voltage for Rx5700XT?

By the way, I used the same bios for another RX5700XT, same brand, and the minimum voltage is higher.
Can someone please explain?

Regards,
Pubart

Hi!
I have some trouble in increasing the minimum voltage with MorePowerTools because the GPU crashes from time to time.
Tried to increase minimum voltage GFX and SoC to 850mv, flash resulting bios but without effect, it still shows me 830mv.
I am sure the workflow is correct because I can modify eg memory DPM3.

What is the right way to increase the minimum voltage for Rx5700XT?

By the way, I used the same bios for another RX5700XT, same brand, and the minimum voltage is higher.
Can someone please explain?

Regards,
Pub style
Hi and welcome,

Please could you inform why do you want to increase the minimum voltage.

Hi and welcome,

Please could you inform why do you want to increase the minimum voltage.
As I said, the card crash between 30mins and a couple of hours.

Maybe it's also important to mention I get roughly 54Mh/s so I reduced power consumption by applying -45%. Now I end up with 53Mh/s what is acceptable for now.
Same is true for the other MSI RX5700xt but without a crash.
So I am searching for the difference, a way to make the 2nd card stable as well with similar hashrate and consumption.

As I said, the card crash between 30 minutes and a couple of hours.

Maybe it's also important to mention I get roughly 54Mh / s so I reduced power consumption by applying -45%. Now I end up with 53Mh / s what is acceptable for now.
Same is true for the other MSI RX5700xt but without a crash.
So I am searching for the difference, a way to make the 2nd card stable as well with similar hashrate and consumption.
Please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below,

Thanks for the link.
At least it helped me to optimize the Hashrate and Power consumption slightly.

1 of the 2 MSI RX5700XT still crashes with those settings.

It also helped me to see the increase in voltage has an effect, at least I can see it in GPUz though.
Before I checked the setting in OverdrivenTool where there is no change and I thought the increase did not work.

Now I can check at which voltage the crashing card gets stable.

Now checking with 770mv instead of 750mv.

Oben Unten