Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Greetings For everyone who is mining with 5600 XT please do enable the below that may enable you to achieve more than 50 MH/s at memory clock 900 MHz,

- Under Feature Control, set:
DPM_GFX_PACE: Check (Enable)
ACDC: Check (Enable, to activate compute mode for mining)
Unfortunately it seems there is a bottleneck sey by AMD inside the vbios as well as some cards have security against mining, if I ever managed to fix it then the 5600 XT will produce more hashrate.

Unfortunately it seems there is a bottleneck sey by AMD inside the vbios as well as some cards have security against mining, if I ever managed to fix it then the 5600 XT will produce more hashrate.
So there something for 5600xt here? I could use a 5600xt tweak. I have the MSI 5600xt gaming MX and I have msi 5600xt Mech. If there's anything better than that screenshot I had.

This is what i'm using right now? Can it be better?

Anhänge

• 5600xtsupertest.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 6
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
no i have not. I feel like everytime I try i screw it up. I was trying the the asus 5700xt's and that didn't end well haha.
Will give another try. I swear i do everything right haha.

Anhänge

• 5600xtsuperapple.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 4
I believe you need to unlock your vbios for modification, do you get a black screen after you flash a modified vbios?
I have no idea. Do you mean running -unlock command in amdvbflash? I'd just get no mining if flash didn't work.

Sorry a bit early. I think that would be the case on the asus5700, would be a black screen.

Anhänge

• FrankTheTank-0-RadeonRX5700XT-8G-Micron_GDDR6-115-D199PI0-101.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 2
Zuletzt bearbeitet :
What is your Asus card model?
I have no idea. Do you mean running -unlock command in amdvbflash? I'd just get no mining if flash didn't work.

Sorry a bit early. I think that would be the case on the asus5700, would be a black screen.
I haven't tried applying the straps with that ROM i just attached, the one we test.
but it's asus dual oc 8gb amd 5700

i was successful on 5600xt i think.

I'm getting invalid shares! Plus, this is a xt version...
I havne't had any rejects yet. I'll have to go back read thread see what your doing. I just finihsed having an issue with rejected shares myself, but on another different card, yada yada. I tried everything os's, upgrading, downgrading, bios, swapping cards, risers, cables, fighting with issues. You know what it was? Stupid motherboard. an ASUS b250 mining expert. Ultimately i'm still using it, but it seems something is wrong. i'm using opposite pcie slots, i feel the first sections are working but somehow caused rejected shares

Is this one "working", just with the rejects. I can try it on my cards? because I haven't done apple strap mod yet and I can try this.
This bios is ok! The rejected shares is from one card that can't handle more then 890mhz on memory. The other is working good with 910mhz. So, the one "not so good" gives 54mh and the other 56mh

Oben Unten