Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Sure, here is the bios I use below:

As far as memory type, I am pretty sure it is Micron, because ones that say Samsung have much lower memory temp. It could take 930 mhz but for pretty short, 920 for long but with errors, 910 stable.
Alright, I will take care of it from here and I will update you whenever it is possible.

ok...hiveos not start with 112 and 122 bios, but windows work well with both. Put original bios and hiveos starts, but low rate and low accepted share, like 7 in 10min. hmmm...rly dont know what i do wrong with this card
It is not the card, it is the PhoenixMiner, change to the TeamRedMiner and you will see the difference, you can give it a try to see the difference by yourself.

Hi Mini_me,
I follow the thread and I have a question. Can you describe how you handle bios the is signed or locked? From my understanding, a signed bios will refuse any tempering and there is no way around it, other to go back to an non signed bios. What about bios locks or restrictions? Thanks.

What the difference between msi and sapphire in the cooler system. saphhire with the fan at 28% is colder than msi with the fan at 60%
sapphire is with stock bios and msi with modded apple straps ony. miner TRM

Anhänge

• Screenshot 2020-11-19 134545.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-19 134545.png
    30,4 KB · Aufrufe : 79
ok...hiveos not start with 112 and 122 bios, but windows work well with both. Put original bios and hiveos starts, but low rate and low accepted share, like 7 in 10min. hmmm...rly dont know what i do wrong with this card
Please test the vbios in the kindly attached link below,

Sure, here is the bios I use below:

As far as memory type, I am pretty sure it is Micron, because ones that say Samsung have much lower memory temp. It could take 930 mhz but for pretty short, 920 for long but with errors, 910 stable.
Please test the vbios in the kindly attached link below,

Hi Mini_me,
I follow the thread and I have a question. Can you describe how you handle bios the is signed or locked? From my understanding, a signed bios will refuse any tempering and there is no way around it, other to go back to an non signed bios. What about bios locks or restrictions? Thanks.
Hello AlleyCat,

Do not worry, I will explain later very soon.

I am going to conduct two tests shortly:

1) A comparison between the power reported by HiveOS and the power from the wall with two cards. I will test the XFX 5700 XT III, and the Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+.

2) The hash rate increase when Memory speed increases at different Core clock speeds. I want to see at what core speeds further memory clock increases have no benefit.

I found that there is a diminishing benefit for increasing the memory clock without increasing the core clock. I want to see if we can find a ratio. I am also considering the dynamic change of the SoC clock and keeping it low (e.g. 950Mhz) for memory clocks below 912 MHz.

I am going to conduct two tests shortly:

1) A comparison between the power reported by HiveOS and the power from the wall with two cards. I will test the XFX 5700 XT III, and the Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+.

2) The hash rate increase when Memory speed increases at different Core clock speeds. I want to see at what core speeds further memory clock increases have no benefit.

I found that there is a diminishing benefit for increasing the memory clock without increasing the core clock. I want to see if we can find a ratio. I am also considering the dynamic change of the SoC clock and keeping it low (e.g. 950Mhz) for memory clocks below 912 MHz.
Great, your contribution is really a non stop,

I am going to help in narrowing the performance relation between core clock and memory clock approximately as below,

Core clock, Memory clock
(1360 - 1380) MHz, (900 - 910) MHz
(1390 - 1420) MHz, 935 MHz
(1420 - 1430) MHz, 950 MHz
(1435 - 1440) MHz, 960 MHz

We need to remember that too much undervolting will affect the performance, stability, safety and the thermal of the system especially on the long run,

I am really interested in the difference between capping the SoC max clock at 950 MHz and at the default value, I hope that you can investigate this and shed light on this and further enlighten us about it.

You may have a good day,

Best Regards.

thanks so much for the effort. unfortunately hive bone does not start with any of them, windows yes

i testing algo intristing now...i put on my pulse Be a nitro+ moded bios. hiveos start and run now god. i will update later more testing

Anhänge

• 1.png
    1.png
    29,1 KB · Aufrufe : 59
  • Screenshot 2020-11-19 153602.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-19 153602.png
    23,2 KB · Aufrufe : 73
Hello, I have been reading through this thread and was wondering if I could get some help with my MSI MECH OC 5700 XT's I am trying to undervolt them as they are running very heavy. I am running windows, and am at about 1350 core, 750 mv, and 1820 Mem. I have bios modded using RBE. Please any help would be great. I am getting around 320 mh, at 1050 watts, including my rig.

I put it in the work on some cards in order to compare to others. At first sight it is the same but waaaay too early, at the very least it all has to heat up properly.
Is there a particular setting you would want me to test?
Best settings for cards with Samsung memory is,

Core clock 1380 MHz, VDD (770 or 780) mV,

MEM clock from (900 or 905 or 910) MHz to choose the clock that will keep the memory temperature below 75° C, VDDCI 850 mV, MVDD 1350 mV.

Hello, I have been reading through this thread and was wondering if I could get some help with my MSI MECH OC 5700 XT's I am trying to undervolt them as they are running very heavy. I am running windows, and am at about 1350 core, 750 mv, and 1820 Mem. I have bios modded using RBE. Please any help would be great. I am getting around 320 mh, at 1050 watts, including my rig.
Greetings and welcome,

Please follow the instructions in the link below, after you finish modifying your vbios send it to me,

https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-79315

Best settings for cards with Samsung memory is,

Core clock 1380 MHz, VDD (770 or 780) mV,

MEM clock from (900 or 905 or 910) MHz to choose the clock that will keep the memory temperature below 75° C, VDDCI 850 mV, MVDD 1350 mV.
now i run these settings on samsung memory and card seems stable

Anhänge

• Screenshot 2020-11-19 171556.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-19 171556.png
    44,3 KB · Aufrufe : 78
This works even for the MSI MECH OC 5700xt? and do I need to send you the bios for every card? or just 1? Thanks Mini_me
Only for cards that failed to flash or unstable after modding, one card of the same model is enough as most likely they share the same vbios.

It also seems like that is for Hive, and I am using Windows, as well as Overdrive N tool. Please advise.
The instruction works for any OS, and the overdrive N tool is needed.

Only for cards that failed to flash or unstable after modding, one card of the same model is enough as most likely they share the same vbios.
I used RBE to copy the timings from 1500 all the way down, and then 1550 all the way down. That is the mod that is currently on the cards, and they are stable, just using a ton of power. Does that help at all? Apologies for all the questions.

will this reduce my power consumption? I am using 750mv right now and I notice that in the guide it says use 760-800...isnt that more?
The proper setting will reduce the power consumption and decrease the temperature unlike the opposite, everything in connected.

I used RBE to copy the timings from 1500 all the way down, and then 1550 all the way down. That is the mod that is currently on the cards, and they are stable, just using a ton of power. Does that help at all? Apologies for all the questions.
This method of copying the strap of 1500 to all the way down is not recommended, use Apple straps for optimal result.

now i run these settings on samsung memory and card seems stable
Great, let us keep up the good work.

[USER = 5105] @Mini_Me [/ USER] After a few hours I can say that the modded rom for Pulse BE is the same as the one before.

At this point I think the system is working well:
1) 57 MH / s on all micron cards
2) 56.5 on all samsung cards
3) 105w on micron cards (software)
4) 100w on samsung cards (software)
5) 75 deg MEM on samsung cards at 50% fan
6) 84 deg MEM on micron cards at 50-80% fans
7) core temps very cool-50 ish

All of this on apple straps, 780mv core, 1380mhz core, 900-910mhz memory and slightly undervolted memory.

I hear what you said about memory undervolting dangers, but it is the only way for me to keep memory temp in control. Memory temp goes up at stock values so I keep it at 800 and 1310 respectively.

Pretty stable, constant moving did not allow for a true stability test (for example, my rx 570 rig never drops, never-it is only cut by an internet or electricity outage).

[USER = 5105] @Mini_Me [/ USER] After a few hours I can say that the modded rom for Pulse BE is the same as the one before.

At this point I think the system is working well:
1) 57 MH / s on all micron cards
2) 56.5 on all samsung cards
3) 105w on micron cards (software)
4) 100w on samsung cards (software)
5) 75 deg MEM on samsung cards at 50% fan
6) 84 deg MEM on micron cards at 50-80% fans
7) core temps very cool-50 ish

All of this on apple straps, 780mv core, 1380mhz core, 900-910mhz memory and slightly undervolted memory.

I hear what you said about memory undervolting dangers, but it is the only way for me to keep memory temp in control. Memory temp goes up at stock values so I keep it at 800 and 1310 respectively.

Pretty stable, constant moving did not allow for a true stability test (for example, my rx 570 rig never drops, never-it is only cut by an internet or electricity outage).
Very nice result, for the Samsung memory I believe it is possible to set MVDD at 1310 mV and no less than as unfortunately I could not gathered enough information about its DC operating conditions, for VDDCI set it at 845 mV and see if there is a difference compared to 800 mV, I would appreciate your update regarding this.

Oben Unten