Question GIGABYTE 5700 XT Bios mod fails

AlleyCat

Veteran
Bewertungspunkte
Hi,
I am failing to update Gigabyte 5700 XT. The same procedure updates the BIOS on MSI cards with no problem. I follow the instructions on Igors Lab.

The sign of having trouble with the card bios flash shows in GPU-Z. After flash using amdvbflash the values of GPU and memory frequencies is empty. With stock bios there are Mhz frequencies.

Is there any known problems with flashing Gigabyte cards?
Any suggestions on what other forums I may ask for assistance?
Is it possible that the OEM bios is signed, and any modified bios will be rejected?
If the bios is signed, any tools to resign, or would I need to buy a card from a different vendor?

Thanks,

Alley Cat

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I also have a Pulse BE and I flashed the bios in hiveos without issue. Could not do it in windows with any of the techniques posted on the internet.

I also have a Pulse BE and I flashed the bios in hiveos without issue. Could not do it in windows with any of the techniques posted on the internet.
Interesting and thank you for the great information,

Would you like to share the way with the community here?

Ok, i did it, here is the bios
First lets follow Aleks911 as he mentioned that it is possible to flash the modified vbios of Sapphire Pulse BE through HiveOS without problems.

i not have any problemes to flash it from windows or hiveos
You mean that you did not have a problem flashing the modded vbios using windows or HiveOS then please could you specify what is the problem you are facing now with the Sapphire Pulse BE?

I would like to clarify something, you mean the modded vbios and not the original one, correct?

I can put the bios I sent you from windows or hive os without any problems, I just asked if when I return to the original bios the settings made with MTP return. I did everything you said on page 2 and I put apple straps, I flash the bios, but the video card doesn't work at all, it crashes on almost all frequencies, it just worked
Core clock 1400, VDD 800 mV,
MEM clock 900 MHz, VDDCI 850 mV, MVDD 1350 mV...all above mem clock 900 card crush. Than i revert to original bios and for this i asked if MTP setting revert with bios. Sorry, told that im newbie but try to learn

I would like to clarify something, you mean the modded vbios and not the original one, correct?
I created the Apple straps bios through the original one I believe, I modified straps from the original and saved.

As far as power tables, I could add that no problem to the bios and flash it in hive.

Unfortunately any fiddling with power tables makes things worse so I use stock power tables and just OC in Hive with the Apple straps.

@Valahman My Pulse won't take 930 mhz either, 910 works but some cards have to go down to 900.

Anhänge

• Mod2.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 10
I can put the bios I sent you from windows or hive os without any problems, I just asked if when I return to the original bios the settings made with MTP return. I did everything you said on page 2 and I put apple straps, I flash the bios, but the video card doesn't work at all, it crashes on almost all frequencies, it just worked
MEM clock 900 MHz, VDDCI 850 mV, MVDD 1350 mV...all above mem clock 900 card crush. Than i revert to original bios and for this i asked if MTP setting revert with bios. Sorry, told that im newbie but try to learn
Samsung memory max recommended stable clock is 910 MHz more than this may not be stable.

@Valahman My Pulse won't take 930 mhz either, 910 works but some cards have to go down to 900.
I suspect that the memory type is Samsung even though HiveOS is showing Micron.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
That's exactly what I did, but the video card is bad in both versions.
otion 1 MTP + apple straps
option 2 apple straps only.
With the original bios it is more stable but low hashrate around 52MH/s@ 140V That's why I thought that maybe the MTP values from the forum remained when i mod bios only with apple straps. Every time I made a new version of the bios I started from the original bios.

i have samsung memory on sapphire BE, micron is on msi

For your Sapphire use the settings below,

Core clock 1380, VDD (770 or 780) mV,
For Samsung, MEM clock 910 MHz, VDDCI 850 mV, MVDD 1350 mV.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
After flash with 122A like page 2 windows start corectly but hiveos crushed. i write another usb with hive os and came with updates.

Anhänge

• Screenshot 2020-11-18 214033.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-18 214033.png
    77,2 KB · Aufrufe : 40
  • Screenshot 2020-11-18 214124.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-18 214124.png
    35,3 KB · Aufrufe : 39
After flash with 122A like page 2 windows start corectly but hiveos crushed. i write another usb with hive os and came with updates.
Before at 112 A, windows did not start correctly?

And I recommend to switch to TeamRedMiner instead of PhoenixMiner, have you tried it?

I created the Apple straps bios through the original one I believe, I modified straps from the original and saved.

As far as power tables, I could add that no problem to the bios and flash it in hive.

Unfortunately any fiddling with power tables makes things worse so I use stock power tables and just OC in Hive with the Apple straps.
I believe Sapphire put a penalty for those who fiddled with the power table, if you like you can send me your vbios file and I will remove this protection so the penalty may not be triggered.

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
I not flash bios with 112 A, only sent to you, and when I wanted to put it you recommended 122A and i made new one starting from original.
Dont worry, take your time, i will test this night both versions and i will update results

I not flash bios with 112 A, only sent to you, and when I wanted to put it you recommended 122A and i made new one starting from original.
Dont worry, take your time, i will test this night both versions and i will update results
Very well, please send me the modified vbios with the 122 A as well, I will do both the files for you.

Here all 3, 112, 122 and original, card sapphire rx5700xt BE SAMSUNG memory

Anhänge

• stockBE.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 6
  • BE112Amtp-applestraps.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 6
  • BE112Amtp-applestraps.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 7
I believe Sapphire put a penalty for those who fiddled with the power table, if you like you can send me your vbios file and I will remove this protection so the penalty will not be triggered.
Sure, here is the bios I use below:

As far as memory type, I am pretty sure it is Micron, because ones that say Samsung have much lower memory temp. It could take 930 mhz but for pretty short, 920 for long but with errors, 910 stable.

Anhänge

• Mod2.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 6
Just to finish up, one Samsung is not stable at 910 and is now stable at 900. It is the coolest card and uses the least power.

ok...hiveos not start with 112 and 122 bios, but windows work well with both. Put original bios and hiveos starts, but low rate and low accepted share, like 7 in 10min. hmmm...rly dont know what i do wrong with this card

Anhänge

• Screenshot 2020-11-18 230452.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-18 230452.png
    24,8 KB · Aufrufe : 40
  • Screenshot 2020-11-18 230427.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-18 230427.png
    85,7 KB · Aufrufe : 36
  • Screenshot 2020-11-18 230528.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-18 230528.png
    59,4 KB · Aufrufe : 43
Oben Unten