Frage Can't flash Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700XT anymore?

C

cray12399

I recently followed the instructions to modify my BIOS on my Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700XT here:

The first time I flashed it, it went perfectly. However, I wanted to tweak my timings a little bit more so I prepared a new modded bios for flashing. But, when I try to flash the new BIOS to my card, it throws up error 0FL01 and refuses to flash the BIOS. I even tried to flash the original BIOS back to the card and it didn't work. I tried this on multiple versions of ATIFlash including 293+ and in Windows and Linux and none of them work. Do you have any idea on how I can fix this or can you help me figure out what is giving me the problem?

I recently followed the instructions to modify my BIOS on my Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700XT here:

The first time I flashed it, it went perfectly. However, I wanted to tweak my timings a little bit more so I prepared a new modded bios for flashing. But, when I try to flash the new BIOS to my card, it throws up error 0FL01 and refuses to flash the BIOS. I even tried to flash the original BIOS back to the card and it didn't work. I tried this on multiple versions of ATIFlash including 293+ and in Windows and Linux and none of them work. Do you have any idea on how I can fix this or can you help me figure out what is giving me the problem?
Please put the vbios switch on the silent side and flash using amdvbflash v2.93+ with -f command in windows command prompt CMD as Administrator.

yes and try whit modded bios and original saved vbios in silent mode

yes and try whit modded bios and original saved vbios in silent mode
In case you are going to shorten the vbios chip then please follow the guide in the kindly attached link below, to access the vbios chip you need to remove the heatsink, the vbios chip is located underneath the Navi 10 chip,

@cray12399 and @MeriekeRiBerit:
Have you already tried AMDvbflash Version 3.04?

We recently had a thread here with a non-working BIOS-flash, and this (using said tool in this newer version) made it work.

i try 3.04+ and 2.93+ but dont work, I dont shot vbios chip but i try flashing it in hiveos and it let me and now it is back whit original bios but y try to flash another time in windows but i cant then i going to left in stock bios because in try to mod bios the same of another 5700xt that i have but all time al shares was incorrect shares i dont know why...

i try 3.04+ and 2.93+ but dont work, I dont shot vbios chip but i try flashing it in hiveos and it let me and now it is back whit original bios but y try to flash another time in windows but i cant then i going to left in stock bios because in try to mod bios the same of another 5700xt that i have but all time al shares was incorrect shares i dont know why...
If flashing the stock vbios in HiveOS is successful that is mean you were not flashing the vbios in Windows safe mode.

If flashing the stock vbios in HiveOS is successful that is mean you were not flashing the vbios in Windows safe mode.
I have a PC RX 5700XT Liquid Devil with dual bios. Backed up the OC Bios with GPU-Z. Created a modified bios (changed timings) and flashed the OC bios successfully. Now I try to flash again, but it fails with the 0FL01 error. Cannot event restore the original bios. Tried flashing on windows with 3.04+ and 2.93+ and with FreeDOS. Seeing always the same error. Does it mean the bios is locked now? The OC bios still works but the timings are not optimal. For now I use the silent bios, which was not flashed.

I have a PC RX 5700XT Liquid Devil with dual bios. Backed up the OC Bios with GPU-Z. Created a modified bios (changed timings) and flashed the OC bios successfully. Now I try to flash again, but it fails with the 0FL01 error. Cannot event restore the original bios. Tried flashing on windows with 3.04+ and 2.93+ and with FreeDOS. Seeing always the same error. Does it mean the bios is locked now? The OC bios still works but the timings are not optimal. For now I use the silent bios, which was not flashed.
Exactly the same thing here! they said you have to do the vbios in silent rom... but what's the point if the OC bios is blocked now, did you manage to solve the OC bios? Or just doing this shortening the vbios chip pins 1 and 8.

Exactly the same thing here! they said you have to do the vbios in silent rom... but what's the point if the OC bios is blocked now, did you manage to solve the OC bios? Or just doing this shortening the vbios chip pins 1 and 8.

No, I did not any shortening. I tried many of the flashing tools (the version matters) and got the original bios flashed back again. You can get the original bios from https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/216218/powercolor-rx5700xt-8192-191027.

Oben Unten