Question 5600XT BIOS flashed with mod from Red BIOS Editor, there is an issue

ricardo

Neuling
Bewertungspunkte
Hello and thank you for everything. Currently, I have a 5600XT in which I have flashed the modified bios by Red BIOS Editor. However, the BIOS did not work, the system hangs during POST. This is no problem, I am used to flashing BIOS with SPI Programmer CH341a, I am free to test anything.

I think maybe this did not work due to the fact that my card is dual BIOS, and when I read the BIOS from the memory chip, it comes out with 1024kb, rather than the 512kb saved from GPU-Z. When I try to open this extracted BIOS with RBE, it modifies fine, but does not save by stating "An unknown error occurred when accessing (filename path). This is not a permission issue, I am running admin. It works fine to save the file when I use the GPUz extracted rom. However, even with the 512KB file, it does not work to post the card.

I have tried several things, the last one was to make only a very small change on the GFX Maximum Clock to 1900MHz. It still does not work. I originally made a BIOS with a lot more changes and limits, such as 2100, 1000 memory, more power, voltage, etc, etc. but decided to make a small alteration to see if it would work-- unfortunately it doesn't.

I have also tried to open in HxD the original long file 1024kb and noticed it makes no difference, because after 000FFFF0 it is only 0's anyway. Also, in HxD, I have tried to open the original stock BIOS and overwrite the part, leaving the correct file size, but this also did not work to POST. Stock BIOS still works fine when re-flashed, card is perfect.

So, I am leaving a link to my files, to see if we can figure out why the modified BIOS is not working on my 5600XT.
Here is the URL: http://xonedigital.com/BIOS_etc.zip
on this ZIP file, there are the following:
1 - 5600xt1_gpuz.rom (Original BIOS from the card extracted with GPU-Z)
2 - 5600xt-stock_extract.rom (This is the BIOS file extracted from the Chip with SPI Programmer, it loads on RBE, but fails to save)
3 - mpt-1900_only.mpt (This is an example of a small change I tried to see if it would work, only changing maximum clock to 1900mhz)
4 - 1900-ONLY-BIOS1.rom (This is the final outcome of RED BIOS EDITOR using the GPU-Z BIOS with the MorePowerTool settings of 1900mhz)

I hope this helps, thank you so much for all your work again and let me know if anything else is needed. I am really looking forward to free up the power of this 5600XT :)

Thanks again!

No. 70c no.

80c yes. Thats what i said.

80c for hours and days straight nonstop will roast your memory chips guaranteed.

Even on NiceHash site FAQ is not recommended to mine above 76c temp.

I mean, im new to mining, but for me its common sense, been gaming for years and hardware is the same.
My mem is 88-92 °C constantly since the begining. No problem so far, some instabilities but nothing like roasted mem for now.
Depends greatly on your cooler.
GDDR6 mem chip can stand 100°C theoretically (OK it is high), but I'm not worried for 90°C

I got a RTX 3080 with GDDR6X at 96°C only while gaming... so I hope it is OK !

The card is in a cold room (non heated), and it won't be able to mine on summer with no air conditionning of course.
Anyone else says 90°C is dangerous ?

Hello @Mini_Me

I am having issues with modding my BIOS on my ASUS Strix 5600 XT, attached is my stock BIOS. I would greatly appreciate your assistance as I am unable to perform any mod on the BIOS, GPU will not post and bricks that BIOS until flashed back to stock.

ROG-STRIX-RT5600XT-O6G-GAMING
PN: 90YV0EB0-M0AA00
Hello and welcome,

Please download the appropriate vbios file from the kindly attached link below, if it is for gaming then change the GPUID to 5700 and apply the setting on page 7 after that flash it,

Hi,
if would be great if you could unlock my BIOS aswell, the card is used for mining.
SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5600 XT (SKU 11296-01-20G)

Many thanks.

Anhänge

• 20210225_113-4E4111U-O4C.backup_silent.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 18
  • 20210225_113-5E4111U-X4G.backup.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 15
Due to 1x8pin power connector, I believe for 5600 XT with at least 600 watt gold rated power supply (PSU), the best power table is as below,

- Under Feature Control, set:
DPM_GFX_PACE: Check (Enable)
DS_GFXCLK: Uncheck (Disable)
GFXOFF: Check (Enable)
ACDC: Check (Enable)

- Under Overdrive Limits tab, set:
GFX Maximum Clock 2200 MHz
Memory Maximum Clock 950 MHz
Power Limit Maximum +40%
Power Limit Minimum -40%

- Under Power and Voltages, set:
Maximum voltage GFX 1150 mV
Maximum voltage SoC 1150 mV
Minimum voltage GFX 750 mV
Minimum voltage SoC 750 mV
TDP Power Limit GPU 160 W
TDC Limit GFX 186 A (or 210 A)
TDC Limit SoC 14 A (or 20 A)
[For better performance however more power consumption, If TDC Limit GFX 210 A is chosen then please choose TDC Limit SoC 20A]

- Under Frequency tap, set:
GFX Maximum: 1600 MHz
Memory DPM 3 - 900 MHz

When using AMD wattman or any other program use the setting for best stable performance to temperature ratio and it is important when undervolting to not let the ratio between core clock and vdd exceed 2, for an example, 2100 MHz ÷ 1050 mV = 2,

Core clock, VDD
2200 MHz, 1100 mV, for max safe undervolting for max performance,

Memory clock, 1820 MHz (Samsung and Micron) for best temperature to performance ratio,
or 1870 MHz (Micron) for best performance.

Apple Inc. optimized memory timings in the kindly attached link below,

Hello,
For Apple mem timings, do we have to put 1500 timings into 1700/1800 strap, or not ?

Hello, this looks like a great blog!
Couple basic questions-
1. When "unlocking" do both silent/performance side need to be updated or is it better to leave one untouched?
2. Many requests for you to do the unlocks. Are there tools to do on our own or must we all bother you for this great service?
3. Will the universal file at bitby.ru work for me?

Sapphire Pulse RX5600XT 299-5E411-202FT (113-5E4111u-x4g and 113-4E4111u-o4c) micron memory

@Mini_Me do you have already an unlocked bios for 299-5E411-202FT? Thank you in advance

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
Hello, this looks like a great blog!
Couple basic questions-
1. When "unlocking" do both silent/performance side need to be updated or is it better to leave one untouched?
2. Many requests for you to do the unlocks. Are there tools to do on our own or must we all bother you for this great service?
3. Will the universal file at bitby.ru work for me?

Sapphire Pulse RX5600XT 299-5E411-202FT (113-5E4111u-x4g and 113-4E4111u-o4c) micron memory

@Mini_Me do you have already an unlocked bios for 299-5E411-202FT? Thank you in advance
Hello and welcome,

Bitby did a great job for RX 5600 XT cards used for mining in the kindly attached link below,

Thank you so much to sir @Mini_Me for helping unlock my Sapphire Pulse 5600xt BE. I need more tweaking but this is the highest i have ever achieve in firestrike. My firestrike score is usually 194xx with 22xxx graphics score.
2ghz.png

Hello and welcome,

No need, only apply Apple Inc. optimized memory timings straps.
Hello, just an update to share info.
Reflashed my PowerColor 5600 XT (see previous posts to get all details) with Apple timings. Same seetings for other parameters (mean only decreased undervolt limit to 700 mV)
I also decreased mem OC from 1846 to 1840 MHz
The card now goes from 42 to 42.5 MH/s, still same 84 W power consumption. (previous settings was stock timings with 1550 MHz timings copied to 1800 MHz strap).
So Apple timings are indeed really better !
Is it also increasing gaming perf ?

Hello and welcome,

No need, only apply Apple Inc. optimized memory timings straps.

Apple timings are already included on the Bitby roms for mining? If i change id to 5700 it will boot on Windows no problem?

Thanks.

Hello, just an update to share info.
Reflashed my PowerColor 5600 XT (see previous posts to get all details) with Apple timings. Same seetings for other parameters (mean only decreased undervolt limit to 700 mV)
I also decreased mem OC from 1846 to 1840 MHz
The card now goes from 42 to 42.5 MH/s, still same 84 W power consumption. (previous settings was stock timings with 1550 MHz timings copied to 1800 MHz strap).
So Apple timings are indeed really better !
Is it also increasing gaming perf ?

How the rest of your clocks and volts please?. :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet :
No. 70c no.

80c yes. Thats what i said.

80c for hours and days straight nonstop will roast your memory chips guaranteed.

Even on NiceHash site FAQ is not recommended to mine above 76c temp.

I mean, im new to mining, but for me its common sense, been gaming for years and hardware is the same.
Up to at least 88c should be fine, some 5700s (which also use GDDR6) with bad memory cooling reach well over 100c and do not die instantly, thus due to the fact that the lifespan of components decreases exponentially with heat it should not be a problem.

i have Sapphire RX 5600 XT 6 GB Pulse 113-5E4111U-X4I NAVI10 A1/A2 E411 XLE 6GB 300e/875m 5PH Micron card. i need unlocked bios this card.

@Mini_Me... What a legend!! My colleague and fellow miner told me about your generosity and helpful demeanor in this community. We're super lucky to have someone like you helping everyone out. I hope you'll be willing to help me unlock the bios of my 2 cards too.
Many thanks and well-wishes for you and your loved ones. :giggle:

Anhänge

• rx5600xt_6282_originalbios.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 13
  • rx5600xt_6283_originalbios.rom
    1 MB · Aufrufe : 10
@Mini_Me... What a legend!! My colleague and fellow miner told me about your generosity and helpful demeanor in this community. We're super lucky to have someone like you helping everyone out. I hope you'll be willing to help me unlock the bios of my 2 cards too.
Many thanks and well-wishes for you and your loved ones. :giggle:
In case needed, here are my card details. Cheers!
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5600 XT BE
PN: S88-4E416-002SA

With help from @Mini_Me I now have an unlocked (mostly) Sapphire Pulse. I cannot seem to undervolt below about 800 mV. Any lower number sets it to 800. The result is I cannot get my power below about 92W. Also seem limited on cclock/mclock OC.
Anyone else seeing limits?

Hi,
if would be great if you could unlock my BIOS aswell, the card is used for mining.
SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5600 XT (SKU 11296-01-20G)

Many thanks.
Hi @Mini_Me & @Formdestroyer ,
I have exactly the same card, Saphire Pulse RX 5600 XT , PN: 299-5E411-002SA (SKU 11296-01-20G) with Micron memory and would like to have as well the BIOS unlocked for mining. The BIOS versions are the same as the ones from @Formdestroyer.
If you send me the same BIOS file you have sent to @Formdestroyer I think it should work for me as well.
Thank you in advance.

Hey @Mini_Me
I've been looking for a few weeks how I could flash my Sapphire RX 5600 XT 6 GB Pulse OC 113-4E4262U-X4Q NAVI10 A1/A2 E426 XLE 6GB 300e/875m 3HP2 Samsung, recently bricked and recovered it, I really wanted to unlock its full potential for gaming and OC it beyond what it's locked to. I've yet to find a guide on how to get it unlocked to the range of 2.1Ghz like there is for micron cards.
I've been reading here for the past few days looking for a way to do it myself, and walked upon this thread and saw you are very kindly offering to unlock it to people who request it.

I'd be very very much glad and happy if you could please unlock both my silent and performance vbioses for my card so I can OC to higher power limit, voltage, core, and memory clocks?

Below are my performance and silent vbioses exported through GPU-Z.

Anhänge

• Navi10perf.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 27
  • Navi10silent.rom
    512 KB · Aufrufe : 20
Hey @Mini_Me
I've been looking for a few weeks how I could flash my Sapphire RX 5600 XT 6 GB Pulse OC 113-4E4262U-X4Q NAVI10 A1/A2 E426 XLE 6GB 300e/875m 3HP2 Samsung, recently bricked and recovered it, I really wanted to unlock its full potential for gaming and OC it beyond what it's locked to. I've yet to find a guide on how to get it unlocked to the range of 2.1Ghz like there is for micron cards.
I've been reading here for the past few days looking for a way to do it myself, and walked upon this thread and saw you are very kindly offering to unlock it to people who request it.

I'd be very very much glad and happy if you could please unlock both my silent and performance vbioses for my card so I can OC to higher power limit, voltage, core, and memory clocks?

Below are my performance and silent vbioses exported through GPU-Z.
Hey and welcome,

Great, I would like to prepare a gaming vbios that may run stably and smoothly at 2150 MHz,

I hope that your psu is at least 600 watt gold rated.

Oben Unten